Sunday, April 12, 2015

Reflection on presentation

I have to admit that I was not fully prepared for this presentation even though I had pushed back my presentation by one lesson.  I did not manage to memorize my script and had to refer to my phone many times throughout the presentation. I also did not have any visual aids. To feel more prepared for my next presentation, I should memorize more of my script to eliminate filler words and have visual aids as they can help me to remember the content of my script. Other than that, I need to articulate my words more clearly and use more vocal variation for impact. I also did not have a proper conclusion and this will cause the audience to feel confuse about my speech.

For what I have done well, I feel that my loudness was just right for the class to hear. Also, my posture was good and my gestures are enough without any additional distracting movements. I think I maintained good eye contact with my audience. My speech was also organized using connectives so that it is easier for the audience to follow.

Overall, I definitely need to improve on a lot of aspects to achieve a better presentation. I feel that the key to a good presentation is preparation and rehearser. I will definitely keep these two points in mind next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shu ying,

    Here are some comments on your presentation.

    Firstly, you did a commendable job presenting without the use of powerpoint slides. Generally, you managed to deliver your content across clearly and coherently. Your tone and volume was suitable and clear. The pace of your speech was also decent. You did maintain eye contact throughout the presentation.

    However here are some areas for improvement.
    There was a large amount of fillers used throughout your speech, that reflected your lack of preparation. Moreover, for the large part of the speech, you were highly dependent on your Iphone, that has caused you to miss out on time that you could have better spend engaging the audience. lastly, the pronunciation of some words were unclear and can be improved.

    All the best for your future presentations
    Boon :)

    ReplyDelete